Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Franklin Family Fitness Week

It's Family Fitness Week at the Franklin!  Today I joined my kindergartner, his classmates and several families in Physical Education.  We started by warming up our bodies with marching, jogging, and twisting.  The jumping jacks, squats and the "pendulum" really got us raring to go.

Now that we were ready, Franklin's PE teacher, Sharon Foster, explained the game which involved rolling dice, understanding which number was higher, and running and tabulating laps.  In just thirty minutes, we were able to run a combined total of EIGHT miles.  Not a bad start to the day!

If you haven't yet attended, I highly recommend joining your student for their PE class this week.  It was so much fun.  When we said goodbye, I commented to my son that he is a really fast runner.  His reply was, "I know.  I've had more gym than you."  Classic!

Listening to instructions

Warm up instructions on the board

Almost ready

Warming up

Don't let the smiles fool you...

the competition was cut throat ;)

Running another lap


The eye of the tiger

"I love running!"

Straight off the blocks

The Kindergartners and their families managed to run a total of eight miles!